From Sudha’s Kitchen: Umang’s Mom
METHI MALAI PANEER
INGREDIENTS• 4-5 onions finely chopped
• 4-5 cloves garlic minced
• 4-5 tomatoes finely chopped
• 1/2 kg paneer cut into 1 cm cubes
• Dried fenugreek or methi
• Salt to taste
• 1/2 tsp red chili powder
• 1/2 tsp garam masala powder
• 3/4 tsp turmeric powder
• 2 tbsp cream
• 3-4 tbsp cooking oil
RECIPE• Add oil to a pan.
• Add chopped onions and salt when the oil is slightly hot.
• Fry on medium heat till golden brown.
• Lower the flame and add chopped tomatoes and crushed garlic.
• Add a little water; cook covered till tomatoes are mushy and nicely cooked.
• Remove the lid & add turmeric and chili powder to this.
• Increase the flame to medium and fry the masala till oil separates.
• At this point lower the flame and add dried fenugreek to this. Give it a good stir.
• Sprinkle a little water to loosen up the masala a bit.
• Switch off the flame; now add paneer cubes and mix properly so that the paneer is coated properly with the masala.
• Add cream and garam masala powder then give it one more mix.
• Transfer to a dish and serve.