From Shagufta’s Kitchen: Faria’s Mom
SAADA MURGH MUSALLAM
INGREDIENTS• Curd- 300gms
• Butter- 250gms
• Cumin seeds- 1/2 tsp
• White cumin seeds- 1/2 tsp
• Black pepper- 6-8
• Cloves- 12
• Black cardamom- 4
• Cinnamon- 1.5 piece
• Red chili powder- 1tsp or to taste
• Salt- to taste
RECIPE• Clean the chicken and make cuts for marination & preserve the chicken in the freezer for 24hrs
• 24hrs later, wash the chicken.
• Take curd & add 250 ml of water & beat well.
• Take the spices; cumin seeds, white cumin seeds, black pepper, black cardamom & cinnamon and grind them together.
• Take the curd, put the mix of masala, cloves, red chili powder, and salt in the curd & mix well.
• Melt the butter & add to curd.
Our marination is prepared.
• Put the full chicken in prepared curd.
• Coat the chicken nicely with our prepared marination.
• Now place the whole in a handi, cover the handi and leave marinated for 2hrs.
• Post two hours, place the handi at the very low flame or slow cook the chicken till the chicken is tender & the curd is dried well.
• Once the chicken is tender & the masala leaves the oil take off the handi from the flame.
Your Saada Murgh Mussallam is ready.