From Pushpa’s Kitchen: Puja’s Mom
INGREDIENTS• Rice - ¼ cup
• Milk - 1 ½ liter
• Sugar -3/4 cup
• Cardamom - 4 (powdered)
• Cashew - 3 tbsp
• Raisins - 3 tbsp
• Ghee - 1 tbsp
• Almonds and pistachios - for garnishing
RECIPE• Mix rice, milk, sugar, and cardamom in a pressure cooker and cook on high flame till you hear the first whistle.
• Remove from flame and let it cool down.
• Now open the pressure cooker and cook for another 20 - 30 minutes (till it becomes thick )
• In another pan, heat ghee and fry cashew and raisins and add it to the kheer.
• Pour it into a serving dish and garnish with chopped almonds and pistachios.