From Anuradha’s Kitchen: Akshat’s Mom
Banarasi Chura Matar
INGREDIENTS• 1.5 cups Poha (Thick Flattened Rice)
• 1.5 cup Green Peas
• 1/2 cup Milk
• 1/2 cup Coriander Leaves
• 2 tsp Chopped Ginger
• 2 Green Chillies
• 1 tsp Garam Masala
• 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
• 1/2 tsp Black Pepper Powder
• 1 - 2 tsp Sugar
1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds
2 tbsp Lemon Juice
2 tbsp Oil
Salt to taste
RECIPE• Soak the poha in milk for 15 minutes and keep it aside.
• Wash and chop the coriander leaves and set aside.
• Heat oil in a pan and add the cumin seeds and fry until aromatic.
• Add the chopped ginger and green chillies and fry for a couple of minutes.
• Add the green peas to it and fry for 2 minutes.
• Add the chopped coriander leaves and mix well.
• Add turmeric powder, salt, sugar and pepper powder and combine well.
• Add little water. Cover with a lid and let it cook until the peas are cooked and water is evaporated.
• Now add the soaked poha to it and mix until well combined. Adjust the salt.
• Cover with a lid and let it cook another 5 minutes on a low flame.
• Finally, add the garam masala and lemon juice. Mix everything until well combined and turn off the flame.
• Serve green chutney, lemon and bhujia and relish this dish.