From Anju’s Kitchen: Shivesh's Mom
CHOCOLATE LOAF CAKE
INGREDIENTS• 1.5 cups whole wheat flour
• 3/4 cups cocoa powder
• 1/2 tsp baking soda
• 1 tsp baking powder
• 3/4 cup olive oil
• 1.5 cups sugar
• 2 eggs
• 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
• 3/4 cup milk
• ½ cup roughly chopped almonds
RECIPE• Pre-heat the oven to 170C. Prepare a loaf tin.
• Whisk cocoa, flour, baking soda, and baking powder into a bowl.
• In a large bowl, beat olive oil and sugar until the mixture is light and pale.
• Add eggs, one at a time and mix well after each addition.
• Beat in the vanilla.
• Add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients alternating with milk, starting and ending with flour mixture. Beat until smooth. Do not over-mix.
• Pour the batter into the pan. Top with an even layer of chopped almonds.
• Bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.